Reducing Gender Based Violence and Protecting Survivors through awareness and capacity building, comprehensive shelter support and legal service.
Project Name: Reducing Gender Based Violence and Protecting Survivors through awareness and capacity building, comprehensive shelter support and legal service.
Duration of the project: 1st August, 2018 to 31st July, 2019
Starting of the project: 1st August, 2018
Location: Dhaka, Gazipur, Jessore and Rajshahi
Name of donor: Medicine du Monde – France (MdM-F)
Target population: A total 1255, (Girl 640, Boy 300, male 120 & female 195)
Aim and objective:
Overall objective: Eliminate all forms of violence against all women and girls in the public and private spheres, including trafficking and sexual and other types of exploitation.
Specific objective: Women and children are protected from Gender base violence (GBV), Commercial sexual abuse, exploitation and trafficking (CSAET) and other forms of violence in Bangladesh.
- Awareness session on Health & hygiene with the children in the shelter
- Awareness session on psycho education with the children at Shelter home
- Awareness session on GBV and CSAET issues with the children at school level through class room session
- Develop student forum to prevent GBV and CSAET at school level
- Sensitization meeting with teachers and SMC members
- Sensitization meeting with Health Institution (Gazipur shodor hospital) at Gazipur
- Project Orientation to the project staffs on CSAET & GBV for smooth handling to the survivors.
- Training to the Law Enforcement Agency on CSAET & GBV for smooth handling to the survivors.
- Capacity building support to the shelter children on GBV, & CSAET United Nations Convention on Rights of the Children (CRC), life skills
- Capacity building support to the school teachers and SMC members on CSAET & GBV issues at school level
- Function legal counselling service delivery centre at Dhaka, Rajshahi and Jessore
- Receive complaints and provide legal support to the GBV and CSAET survivors
- legal counselling support to the GBV and CSAET survivors to increase knowledge of legal Rights.
- New cases filing (15) under 3 legal counselling service delivery centres at Dhaka, Rajshahi and Jessore.
- (20) survivors rescued from GBV and CSAET and in high risk situation from the project areas
- Food support following minimum standard of care to GBV and CSAET survivors (40)
- Self-hygiene and materials to children and youth (40)
- Family Identification
- Re-integration support to children and youth (15) to hand over their family
- Medical support to GBV and CSAET survivors (30) by assigned doctor
- Special medical support to GBV and CSAET survivors (10) at shelter home
- Provide Referral support for GBV and CSAET survivors from dedicated health institutions
- Counselling support to Children and Women (65, 40 from MDM and 25 from another project) on GBV and CSAET issues at shelter home.
- 2 Recreational trips for mental recovery and trauma
- Special Day Observation
- Provide internal vocational training to Children and youth (30) by the vocational trainer
- Provide external skill training to children (5) from renowned external vocational center.